teribble emission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teribble emission

I have a problem with my new 2016 Ford F-150 truck. it emits very terrible black smoke. i don't know the cause of this problem because this truck in new. could it be the OIL or the EXHAUST PIPE?

A rich-running engine (too much fuel) can cause black smoke. You may also experience rough running, stalling, and poor fuel economy. Black smoke can also be a result of soot accumulation on the tail pipe—possible causes include a leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

Black Smoke - this is the most common one and is really just an imbalance in the air to fuel ratio - too much fuel to not enough air. This means either too much fuel is being added to the mix or there's not enough oxygen being supplied to burn the fuel.

Most common causes of black smoke are faulty injectors, a faulty injector pump, a bad air filter (causing not enough oxygen to be supplied), a bad EGR valve (causing the valves to clog) or even a bad turbocharger. Some of these are easy fixes.

Comment

Black smoke from the new truck is an uncommon phenomenon and I recommend that you get it checked immediately. The problem is usually due to disturbance of air to fuel ratio which results in abnormal ignition of the fuel causing the black smoke that you see. It might be because the engine has lost its timing a little or you can look for the fuel lines too to ensure that they are not choked or leaking.

Comment

In my years of driving i have come to terms that one of the major causes of terrible emission is the type of oil used on the vehicle. Although in some case carbon blockage might be suspected.
          I advice you kindly change the type of oil you use and thank me later for that.

Comment

Nice suggestions made here, To add to the ones mentioned I will say you visit your mechanic, not all smoking and terrible emissions are caused by oil it might be beyond that, I always advise car owners hire mechanics to fix their problem although there are some simple ones you do yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X